The journal primarily aims at:
- Inculcating the spirit of research and inquiry and providing opportunities to participate in research and scholarship among educators and professional teachers.
- Fostering academic scholarship as well as serving as a platform for academic collaboration and networking among scholars and researchers
- Promoting knowledge through quality research outputs that can be translated into addressing educational issues and socio-economic problems in society in the age of knowledge-driven economies
The “Rima International Journal of Education” shall retain the first publication of the manuscripts as granted by the authors, while the authors retain the succeeding or subsequent uses of their published articles. The authors are responsible for notifying the editors if they observe any contravention if they wish to. Hence, any article that has been sent, accepted for publication, or otherwise copyrighted by other journals or publishers shall not be considered for publication in this journal.
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
- Language: Manuscripts meant for submission should be written in English language with strict adherence to British standard.
- Paper Size, Font and Length: Manuscript prepared for submission should be typed in Microsoft Word on A4 paper size using Times New Romans, font size 12 and 1.5-line spacing. The manuscript should not be more than 15 pages including references.
- Title Page: The title page should capture the title of the manuscript which should not be too lengthy, the author(s) name(s) with surname in Upper Case, institution’s affiliation, current mailing address, valid e-mail address, Phone No(s) and full postal address of the main author and co-authors.
- Abstract: Manuscripts must be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 200 words comprising essential components of the manuscripts. Avoid citations in the abstract. After the abstract, the authors should provide maximum of 5 key words.
- Organization: The manuscript should be explicitly presented under various headings and sub-headings. The ideas should be properly organized. Coherent and sequential. More importantly, the following should be made conspicuous while preparing empirical papers: Introduction (indicating rationale for the study, review of related literature, problem statement, and purpose of the study), Methodology, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendations.
- Arrangement of Tables/Figures: The tables/figures should be arranged properly and neatly using the latest APA style and the title of the tables/figures should appear on top of each table such as, (Table 1; Table 2, etc/Figure 1, Figure 2, etc). There should be an avoidance of moving over to the next page.
- Arrangement of Text-Quotations: Indication of 1.5 in both left and right should be used for a particular quotation that is up to 40 words or more. Hence, the page number of the quotation should be provided in bracket at the end of the quoted words or passages.
- Findings/Results: This should be clearly presented in tables and figures with appropriate headings/sub-heading. Do not restate your research questions or hypotheses under this section.
- Referencing Style: All in-text citations and references should confirm strictly with the latest APA style/format.
- Submission: Manuscripts should be submitted electronically via e-mail: email@example.com
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board invite interested scholars and researchers to submit original manuscripts for publication. The Journal is a bi-annual publication of the Faculty of Education, Sokoto State University, Sokoto, designed to disseminate relevant research findings related to all fields of education. Both empirical and theoretical papers that are articulately written based on contemporary educational issues that have national and international relevance shall be accepted for publication. The manuscript shall not be under consideration elsewhere for publication.
The Journal publishes biannually or twice a year. This means that two issues will be produced in a year. However, the decision of the Editorial Board shall prevail with regard to any circumstance that may warrant this.
The Journal Publication shall have its own website and it shall be indexed in its reputable database. It is hoped that the published papers shall be accessed via Journal’s website. In addition, the Journal shall adhere to standard of most high-impact-factors of international Journals of repute across the world which is hopefully aimed to be indexed as impact-factor-Journal in the nearest future.
Publication Fees/Bank Detail
There would be a charge of N5,000 (USD15.00) for vetting each manuscript submitted for consideration and if the article is considered for publication, the author(s) will be required to pay the sum of N20,000 as publication fees. The payments are considered as operating costs for the production of the Journal. Hence, the payments should be forwarded to the Journals Account as follows:
Account Name: Rima International Journal of Education
Account No: 0001864659
Bank Name: Taj Bank Plc
After publishing the article, the lead/main author will receive a complimentary copy of the printed journal in which the authors paper appears. However, additional copy can be purchased by contacting the Editor-in-Chief, through the correspondence address.
I have the delight and privilege to write as Editor-in-chief of the maiden issue of the Rima International Journal of Education (RIJE), an official research publication of the Faculty of Education, Sokoto State University. This maiden edition (Volume 1: No. 1) of the RIJE has fifteen (15) articles from distinguished scholars and educators, poised to report cut-edge research findings and discourse on contemporary educational issues with implications for pedagogy, national and global development.
The dictum of “publish or perish” is in vogue in any worthwhile research-based institutions, hence strict adherence to publications in any reputable and recognized Journal, as such RIJE is recognized as complimentary to contemporary dissemination and propagation of knowledge. Therefore, the Editorial Board of RIJE wishes to use this medium to solicit well researched articles for publication from teeming population of academics and researchers globally. The Journal would always be subjected to thorough peer review and proper editorial vetting.
Prof. M. U. Tambawal,